Skip to main content

Reply to "NAIA To D-I"

Not an option? Who are you, the counselor for every kids attending college on this board?

You can do anything you want with your life, especially if you are paying for your education. A coach offers you an opportunity to play, you offer the coach your skills and abilities while you are on the team, nothing more nothing less. You are not obligated to stay for 4 years any more than the coach is obligated to play you. College is your time, and while it would be nice to stay at one school for 4 years, it isn't always an option.

I played Division 1 and didn't get division 1 offers! getting offers and being talented are two independent things that don't always coincide.

How do JUCO players get word to division 1 coaches while they are playing JUCO ball?

You think every kid has to attend 10 showcases before someone will want to recruit him or offer him a playing opportunity. There are plenty of ways to show coaches your skills and desires, and playing NAIA ball could be one of them, and there are plenty of walk-on opportunities at every level for kids with the skills and desires to play. It took me 20 minutes at my walk-on tryout to show the coaches I was better than who they had and I started over two other older players on partial scholarships.