Skip to main content

Reply to "NAIA vs. JuCo"

@old_school posted:

2. I believe i read in this thread that it is very difficult to get on the field as a freshman. what is the difference if you can't get on the field for a year or 2 at 4 yr school or if you can't get on for a year at 2yr school?

I don't think this is a JUCO vs 4 year problem.  This is players/parents/advisors having an honest opinion of their talents, where they fit in and what they want their experience to be.  Full disclosure, my son is at his 2nd year at a JUCO.  He had no Division 1 offers, but had Div 2 and NAIA offers.  He had to take everything into account to make a choice, playing time being one of them.  But it wasn't like... if I go to a JUCO I play, 4 year I sit.  There was some JUCO's that we knew he would probably not play his freshman year.  There were some 4 years that we really thought he would have a chance to compete right away.

He ended up choosing a JUCO to keep his D1 dream alive.  He ended up choosing the JUCO he did cause they have a history of development and he knew he would be in the mix to play as a freshman.   

MNBBG