Skip to main content

Reply to "National Anthem....the other side of the coin!"

roothog66 posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:
Swampboy posted:

Part of growing up is learning that the world doesn't revolve around you and most people really don't want to know what you think about everything. I recently went to a religious service of a group of which I am not a member. I didn't care for it and disagreed with much of it. I suppose I could have made my disagreement known by refusing to stand or kneel at the designated times and by holding a news conference in the lobby to explain why. But I didn't. Nobody asked my opinion, so I kept it to myself and smiled politely.  Would that have been too much to ask of this player?

This generation of youths seems to have a large percentage that don't understand this. 

Do you really believe that this generation of youths is different that past generations of youths in this?

Yes, because everything is so instantaneous now with Facebook updates, Instagram, and other social media.  Someone posted this awhile ago on here but I think it bears bringing it up again.

"Presently, I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.

Therefore, every day I go down on the street and tell the passers-by what I have eaten, how I feel, what I have done the night before and what I will do tomorrow night. Then I give them pictures of my family, my dog and me gardening and spending time in my pool. I also listen to their conversations and I tell them I love them.
And it works.

I already have 3 persons following me: 2 police officers and a psychiatrist."