Skip to main content

Reply to "National Anthem....the other side of the coin!"

Matt, I'm really not saying it is easy.  Especially for people who come from certain areas and neighborhoods.  If most of the people in a neighborhood behave a certain way, authorities will tend to treat all from that neighborhood based on the worst common denominator.  And I'm not saying there are not hurdles to overcome or that there are some people out there who prejudge people.  I'm just saying that if someone truly wants to overcome the obstacles, society in this country overall, is willing to give people a chance.  

I'm not a black man, so I don't totally understand.  I'll admit that.  But, there are plenty of examples of people out there - you being one - who have been able to overcome the odds and prejudices of some out there to be successful.  I believe in personal responsibility.  I don't believe in blaming "the man" for being held down...

This is a baseball website, so I think maybe I'll back off this subject right now...  I apologize if I have offended anyone.  That was not my intention at all.