Skip to main content

Reply to "National Anthem....the other side of the coin!"

bballman posted:

Kaepernick has a right to do this.  However, people also have a right to disagree and express their displeasure with it.  People can legally burn the flag.  It doesn't mean I am ever going to condone it.  With all due respect to Swampboy and other veterans who have given to this country, this type of behavior is despicable.  I understand your point Swamp, but people also have the right to disagree with this viewpoint.  They have the right to teach their kids that this is NOT the type of behavior to emulate.  I'm sure you don't disagree with me.

What is most infuriating to me is this is coming from a man who is making $19 million a year.  In what country are a group of people supposedly "oppressed", but can make $19 million a year??  I was flipping in and out of the VMA awards last night and saw almost NO white people.  Every one of the "oppressed" people that were on the stage were multi millionaires.  They all certainly have MUCH more money than me.  I think this idea of an "oppressed" people is getting blown WAY out of proportion.

America remains the land of opportunity.  It remains the land where if you work hard enough and want to succeed enough, you can do whatever you want.  This goes for sports, music, business, trades, whatever.  I just think when you have a multi millionaire protesting that his race is "oppressed", there is something wrong there...

Of course, this is JMHO, but I don't think anyone is going to convince me otherwise.

BBall - This sums up how I feel quite nicely.  Additionally, I don't have a problem with folks deciding to not stand for the anthem, or to salute the flag.  Where I have a problem is his despicable stance against the very people that have protected his safety.  These men and women put their lives on the line every day, and provide security for the very sporting events that he participates in!  I think he is completely out of touch with reality, and I am really surprised at the support he is receiving.