Skip to main content

Reply to "National Anthem....the other side of the coin!"

rynoattack posted:
2ndMarDiv posted:

I respectfully disagree on not having the same opportunities.  I think we all have the same opportunities we just don't have the same opportunities to good parenting.   

Oh, there are definitely different opportunities.  A person's money, family, and connections can surely provide better opportunities.  I will give another example:

My cousin (Mom's Sister's Daughter) has a white mother, and a Mexican father.  (Father from Mexico, mother from Alabama)  My cousin grew up in Atlanta where I was born and lived the younger part of my life.  Since my cousin was a minority, she was bussed across the city of Atlanta to a Performing Arts School.  Guess who didn't get bussed across the city of Atlanta?  You guessed it the poor, white kid that was her cousin.  So different opportunities do exist for different people.

That must have been a huge school if all the hispanic, half hispanic, and I assume all other minority students in the greater Atlanta area, were bused there to the exclusion of any and all poor white kids - or rich white kids for that matter.  Wait, that's probably not what really happened.  

Again, if someone wants to put forward a reasonable argument, please do so.  Citing Ben Carson, Herman Cain and, "if you are so inclined" Barack Obama (yea, I'll include him since he's the president of the United States) as examples proving the absence of "systematic oppression" is simply stupid (again, sort of like the VMA's).  The remark about getting left out of the Performing Arts school is just as stupid.  I realize this is the wrong forum to be discussing this topic in detail, but I cannot help resist in asking folks to be reasonable in their arguments.  Does Brittany Spears represent the "oppressed white girl" that struggled and made it to the VMA's?  Please stop citing the gross exceptions.  Didn't the Yankees once send a little person to the plate to get walked?  Maybe that instance should serve as inspiration for all little people to pursue a career in the MLB - sorry, that's what is known as a gross exception.

I'll stick to getting my baseball advice here.  Think it's time to shut this thread down as I do not see it adding any value to the hsbaseball core.