Skip to main content

Reply to "National LOI signed. Coach wants to release verbally"

pbc_pitcher posted:
TPM posted:

I am curious about the remark 100%. Was that in academic money or in athletic money? 

The pitching coach said with my SAT/ACT scores, he will get me 35K academic scholarship and 25% athletic scholarship which would cover 100% of tuition. The LOI only stated about 25% athletic scholarship.  

The coach gave me 10 minutes to confirm and commit since I had 4 other schools with 50 to 100% athletic scholarship at that time. Other schools said they can not commit academic money which will be decided in January 2018.  One school was willing to increase the athletic scholarship when i told him about the decision.  But I wanted to honor the word I gave to the coach and stuck with my decison

I trusted this coach who said he will get me academic. He neither honored it nor the LOI I signed.

I got admission to the school and admission letter stated that I have $10K academic scholarship. I could go to the school  but I will not be in the Roster.

if I wanted to go to HA schools, I could have gone anywhere and would have paid the Tuition. 

Any time someone tells you that you have 10 minutes (or fill in any short time frame) to make a very big, very important decision, know that this is a huge red flag NOT to trust them.