Skip to main content

Reply to "National LOI signed. Coach wants to release verbally"

PBC,

Unfortunately we are dealing with a similar issue.  My son was signed with a D1 school and has been told he would be redshirted just a few weeks back.  You can initiate a release on the NLI website.  The school does not have to grant it but they cannot take any action until you submit for a release.  They can first and very quickly if they choose, release your recruiting ban which will allow those other D1 schools to legally talk with you again.  They have 30 days to release you or put you in a couple of different categories.  Right now my sons request is in a "release request pending" status.  

We have been visiting and working out for some JUCO's here is FL and it has been very positive.  NAIA schools are also looking but in your case you most likely want to land at a quality JUCO that can get you to a D1 in your second year.  They have good connections and know how to market talent from what I have seen.  One of the issues this late in the process is that the bigger JUCO's have spent their scholarship money but are waiting to see what happens in the draft.  My son has been offered 2 walk on opportunities with good JUCO's so far.  We are hoping for some financial help.  

This board was a huge help for us.  You are wise to ask the question here.  

Have you considered getting help from a recruiting service?  We did and it has been a huge help.  We mainly did it because of how late in the recruiting process he is as a 2018.  In 1 week my sons profile on Fieldlevel has over 700 hits with 31 schools following him.  In a week he has received at least a dozen phone calls and a bunch of emails.  We are now considering options...which I am sure where you will be soon.  Message me and I will let you know who we use...they are here in Florida and are very professional.