Skip to main content

Reply to "National Player Development Camp"

Pitcherdad, keep in mind the old adage "CAVEAT EMPTOR." There is a huge proliferation of camps, showcases, tournaments and seminars out there these days, way more than their used to be and they all have one thing in common...MONEY. Not all of them have the common aspects of value, quality instruction, good competition, or recruiting coordinators sitting in the stands.

For the most part, at least out here on the west coast, I'd stick with Perfect Game, Head First Honor Roll, and some of the college camps either at schools your son is specifically interested in or the large camps that have good numbers of recruiting ocordinators working at them. Some of the Trosky camps are also pretty good. There are some other good camps, but too many are focused way more on the financial benefits for the promoters than they are the benefits for the players. I would not, personally, spend money to send my son to a camp where most of the coaches are volunteer assistants. Don't get me wrong, they're mostly good guys, but they're not the guys players need to be seen by.
Last edited by 06catcherdad