Skip to main content

Reply to "NC Colleges"

I agree about naming players and I disagree about your characterization of the All-Freshman Team player. To say anyone is not mentally tough who makes it through a year of coach Gaski is just inaccurate. The program quit on him as it did on all the players. After the "batting cage incident" last year, all three of those worthless coaches quit on the team. They were more concerned over griping about losing their jobs. Hell, they didn't even talk to my son the last three weeks or so of the season and he had nothing to do with the incident. In each of my four years associated witht the program (and longer from what former players' parents have told me), about half-way to two-thirds of the way through the season the players just do not want to be there because they can't stand putting up with Gaski for another second. During my first two years, the team kind of rebounded in the last few weeks, rallying around their hatred for Gaski. The third year, the team didn't have a chance with seven position starters moving on. Last year seemed promising to start, but when I saw we only had nine pitchers I threw in the towel immediately. Are you kidding me? Nine pitchers? How is that possible?

I hope for all my friends that stayed, for whatever reason, that things change. But, Gaski is still Gaski. If Record really wanted to make an impact she should have completed the job. You do not make a 180 degree change after 19 years of controlling everything. The only way I see this working for the better is if she let Gaski hang on for one more year, but only as a figure head, with someone else in charge behind the scene.
Last edited by CrusaderDad