Skip to main content

Reply to "NC Colleges"

You closed your last comments expressing your concern for future recruiting. However, if Gaski wasn't going to be fired after last season's debacle then there are some underlying political issues that have enabled him to return.

Please allow me to point out...

There are talented, postive-minded coaches lined up to take this job and deliver the program to the level that is deserved. Few Division 1 programs have the following combination to offer a Head Baseball Coach as does UNCG:

available player talent,
quality of facilities,
conference strength,
potential for local fan interest,
favorable weather conditions,
southern city location,
quality of education,
relative cost of attendance,
and cost of living

With all of those assets and potential, are you satisfied with the job done by Mike Gaski? To whom much is given, much should be expected.... "No baseball program in America is doing less with more than Coach Michael Gaski at UNCG". This is as commonly accepted an understanding within the college baseball world as three strikes = a strikeout.

As long as he is coaching here, the program is destined for mediocrity. If you are so "concerned" for the future it seems that you might take a different approach, but I can't blame you for wanting your sons final season to be salvaged.

There are many fine young men on the team who deserve better than they have received from their leader. They all have been tested far beyond what is healthy and productive. You can't unring a bell.

Honestly, is your son a better ball player now than when he arrived at UNCG? Are you honestly happy with his progress and his experience? Some players are, thankfully, thriving after leaving their challenging experiences at UNCG behind. It is my fervent hope that things are better as I am very fond of several of the players who remain.

In college baseball, it's about having a steady stream of good players, developing loyalty in those players and having enough excitement to deliver a worthy product to a growing fan base. At UNCG, loyalty to Gaski is non-existent among the players and the Greensboro community couldn't care less about Spartan Baseball.

I don't believe you could find a player with two or more years experience from current or past rosters who would endorse the experience of playing for Coach Gaski ...and by the way, you may want to examine the giving rate to Spartan Club of baseball players who played for Coach Gaski? Did they value the experience, or would they just as soon forget that they ever played at UNCG, especially with the current state of the team?

BTW...last year was supposed to be the year that "everything was going to be different". All of my previous statements were accurate. Prior to Athas, 20 asst coaches blew through there in 19 years, the leading batting average did not belong to a starter and the school would not post the info on the summer all-star because he was in the midst of transferring.
Last edited by baseball12532