Skip to main content

Reply to "NCAA announce recruiting rule changes"

hshuler posted:

I don’t know how kids will get to build a relationship with coaches before their junior year. I would have understood if they moved the ability to offer and commit back but not sure how this solution is better. 

I think that's the whole idea Shu. Coaches have junior year to get to know the player but probably watch way before anyone realizes coach is watching, that's how it used to be.  I think it also gives the coaches a break.  I have never been a fan of recruits verballing too early, not 100% sure about these new rules, but I understand from a coaches perspective how it might be beneficial to everyone. I think it also gives some less physically mature players a chance to mature and a chance where sometimes these days it's hard for many to have that edge over the premium recruits.

FWIW, DK met Sully his junior year, although pressed for a year to committ, it didn't happen until senior summer. This also gave him a chance to not get injured from pitching too much (and we know it happens) and stay healthy. 

Sometimes I don't really understand why players need to visit every school within the next 5 neighboring states, kidding but you get the idea.  It just might not make decisions as hard as it is for many.

JMO

Last edited by TPM