Skip to main content

Reply to "NCAA-D1 Ivy League Conference Comparison 2017 - 2019"

fenwaysouth posted:

A couple items of note....

In Cornell's case, they are both a public and private charter.  So part of their funding comes from the SUNY system for agriculture, arts & science and a few other colleges within the University.   In my experience, a couple transfers have come from the SUNY system.   I don't know if Columbia is getting their transfers from SUNY system as both schools are in NY.  They were the only schools listed as accepting transfers.

These schools frequently get lumped together due to their academic rigor.  If you are being recruited by Ivys you need to know they couldn't be more different from each other.   My son had recruiting contact with 4 Ivys with 2 extending offers.   We did a lot of research on these schools.   Nothing about our communications, experience, visits, research, financial aid allowance was the same except the recruiting process that each school HAS to follow.     

I'm still trying to reconcile the transfers.

Cornell current transfers com from GEORGIA HIGHLANDS COLLEGE, MOHAWK VALLEY CC, GEORGIA TECH

2018 - GEORGIA HIGHLANDS COLLEGE, GEORGIA TECH, COLLEGE OF SAN MATEO, KENYON, IONA

Columbia 2019 - MCLENNAN, WHITMAN, RICE