Skip to main content

Reply to "NCAA-D1 PAC-12 Conference Comparison 2017 - 2019"

Good stuff CollegeBaseballInsights.  This appears to take the specific college reported data from the Dept of Education, and makes it more meaningful by combing a lot of data points.  

Feedback....Ten years ago when I was helping my son through this process there was data but it wasn't all in one place, and there was guess work and a lot of networking with others going through the same process.  Honestly, our approach was to put education and baseball into their respective "silos" to better understand each then combine what we knew about each to make an educated guess based on what we learned by visiting campuses and talking to coaches.  We learned a lot about D1, D1 HA, and D3 baseball recruiting and various admissions processes.   There was no extra credit for effort, but persistence did pay off.   I  don't know if your report would have changed much in terms of the final outcome or time invested (my son was on the market for 20 months before finding what he was looking for) but I do think the information would have given us more insights to ask more detailed questions when speaking to coaches, alumni or admissions folks.  

Also, I like that you've reported this by conference.   This had a lot of meaning in our experience as my son received offers from a couple schools in the same conferences (Ivy, Patriot, CAA, A10, NESCAC).  For us, this meant we were looking in the right places and it was a opportunity to reach out to additional schools in the conference as needed.   Remember, coaches only make offers when they have a reason to make an offer.  Recruits need to give coaches a reason.  

Again, good stuff.