Skip to main content

Reply to "NCAA D3 Eligibility"

@Mg19 posted:

Thank you all for the information. How does playing club impact your ncaa eligibility since it is a separate thing?

The bigger gaiting factor for you is the clock.  It seems your clock to play 4 years of baseball started when your education started (and you have to play all 4 years of ball in a 5-year window). Based on these facts, you could play 3 years of club in undergrad and then hopefully get a waiver and play 1 year when you get to grad school if you go right after graduation.   1 year is the max you can save for graduate school due to the clock.

Given the rules as set by the insane NCAA my advice to you would be to go play club this year and don't think twice about it.  You might be excited to play again as a Sophomore, or maybe not.  By Junior year, your priorities might have changed, and you might not even decide to get a master's, or you might be done playing baseball.

There are too many variables between 1st semester of Freshman year and getting into a D3 for a master's program the year immediately after graduating undergrad AND getting a look to even play on that team.  Enjoy college. Play club. Have fun. 

Just an opinion, but this is what I would tell my son.