Skip to main content

Reply to "NCAA Division III"

quote:
Originally posted by RJM:
Sarcasm isn't becoming. It also tells me you don't have a valid point.

I love sarcasm just in case you were not aware of its definition it is “The giant gulf (chasm) between what is said the person who doesn’t get it.” Perfect in this case I think. I do admit it is one of my character flaws however; I just can’t help myself sometimes.

First I do agree with you in the post where the guy said there were more D1 players in his area that were on DIII teams….Most DIII teams are not going to compete with D1 teams. I am sure however that there have been some, I personally have not seen them but have been told by some knowledgeable people who have seen them. As I pointed out before, it is mostly unknowable and irrelevant.

Consistent with JH’s point, my son’s program will have 6 kids throwing in the 90’s this season, two freshmen and the rest upper classmen. Their number one is 92-93 tops at 95/96. As infielddad mentioned the scouts have been out this fall in their scrimmage games. I know, at least in the top 30 ranked DIII teams, you are not going to see the types of velocities you posted.

A player will be drafted if he is considered talented enough to be drafted, not where he played in college, period - end of story. In the top summer league in California this year the league MVP was from an NAIA school. (it is considered one of the top 3-4 summer leagues in the country)

Late add:

To your point above. I don’t know the stats but believe you will see a similar distribution.

1. Top 30 DIII teams will be where most of the drafted DIII players come from.
2. Top 30 D1 teams will be where most of the drafted D1 players will come from.

There is a wide range of teams below both levels, someone would have to do a pareto chart to really know however. I don’t have the data or the time. Again my point is that it does not matter where you play during the season, in a good DIII program with good summer league placement a draftable player will be found.
Last edited by BOF