Skip to main content

Reply to "NCAA Loses their minds"

SomeBaseballDad posted:
57special posted:

My wife works in an ER. Every day I expect to have her come home sick, and for me to find out that I, and the rest of my family are infected. The fact that people are worried about their sons not being able to play baseball at a time like this just makes me shake my head.

No offense intended but...

This isn't the "my elderly parents are in a nursing home" forum. If it were and someone posted complaining that their kid can't play baseball I could see your point. The fact is this forum concerns kids and baseball. The parents voicing their concerns about the current situation seems appropriate to me.

Also, my understanding is the young are basically immune to this. For most of the rest of us, it's not much worse than the flu. Yes, being confined to your home for two weeks would suck. Yes, I understand about limiting the spread of covid. That said your post is kinda "going off the deep end" and there's just too much of that right now. IMO

Rudy Gobert, age 27 is positive and infected. Appears his teammate who is infected is connected to Gobert.

Wonder about this “immunity” position being medically confirmed? Isn’t the evidence that their  can be infection and spread of the infection without showing evidence of illness?

Seems odd that a 27 year old can be infected and spread the infection but it is “going off the deep end” for 57 to bring in real world concerns especially when a real world basketball player has probably infected a teammate and is now apologizing for his cavalier acts in the face of the disease