Skip to main content

Reply to "NCAA Loses their minds"

CTbballDad posted:
anotherparent posted:
SomeBaseballDad posted:

It's dangerous to the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions. Period. Quit being played by the media.

There are a lot of elderly, and a lot of people with pre-existing conditions.  52 million people are over age 65.  16 million people have COPD.  30 million people have diabetes.  28 million people have heart disease.  So what do you suggest? 

Since this is a baseball related site, don’t you think cancelling sports and sending students home, increases risk the to kids and those more vulnerable?

I have 3 kids coming home, they’re young adults and won’t be quarantined in our home, nor does anyone recommend they should be. They’ll go to the gym, Starbucks, hang with their friends, etc.  I would argue the gym and coffee shops at school are cleaner and more controllable than within our communities. I’ve seen and confronted enough aholes not wash their hands, after relieving themselves, to know this to be true

My dad treats us to Easter brunch every year.  We weren’t going this year, as son was to have an away series.  Once he heard the kids would be home, he asked if we could now go to brunch.

I think cancelling the college season had to be done, once the NBA made that move.  But the 2 sports are so very different.  NBA players are in constant contact during a game, they’re in an enclosed arena and said they wouldn’t play without fans.  Baseball is a spread out sport, outdoors and could have gone without fans.

I did read someone on this site suggest a player could be ill, touch the ball and spread it out.  Sorry, but that’s pure paranoia. 

Dorms and cafeterias are breeding grounds for infections and viruses. My youngest left for college eight years ago. I haven’t been sick since then. There aren’t kids in the house bringing home viruses from school every day.

With athletes you have teams of kids getting on busses and/or planes (confined areas) multiple times per week, traveling to other areas and returning.

Last edited by RJM