Skip to main content

Reply to "NCAA Provides Clarity But Not Finality For Roster Management"

@Momball11 posted:

When would you recommend a parent subscribe to D1Baseball for the transfer portal data? My 2024 is going the juco route in the fall.

There would be no reason for a parent to subscribe to D1 Baseball for the transfer portal data. The only reason to subscribe would be to get more coverage/information about whatever Kendall Rogers wants to put in print. Once your son is on campus at his JuCo your days of having all the information about his baseball decisions are over. He will tell you what he wants you to know about and probably not a lot more. He will be more influenced by his coaches and teammates than he will be by you. The best thing you can provide is support, and informational research when the time calls for it. How your son does in JuCo ball, and the relationships that he develops there, will dictate what happens next. It will benefit your son to keep his grades up, be observant, be realistic, and be a critical thinker. I recently found out that as a JuCo soph my son had multiple offers to 4 year schools that he never even told me about - because he had no interest in those schools. He let me know when he wanted my input. But he didn’t always want my input. I had to learn to ease up on the reigns and trust my son to come to me on the important things -and that worked well for us.