Skip to main content

Reply to "NCAA recruiting rules -- need input as to status"

I believe next year will be the last year of Covid for the majority. Red shirts or Juco transfers may have one more possible year but I’m not sure.

i think you can still only transfer once d1-d1 without sitting out but someone correct me if that’s changed in the last few months.

i haven’t heard that P5, changed but regardless they can get you out if they really want to unless you are willing to finish without baseball.

Are you referring to extending to a grad year? Depends how good you are.

Some top players are making good money on NIL. The vast majority are probably under 20k if any. Top 5% make more. Some make a lot. That said, some of the wealthy and IL programs are not doing well. There is something to be said for team chemistry and dynamics. I think there are definitely some issues when some players are getting paid a lot and others are not, and the ones that are being paid a lot aren’t always the biggest contributors. There are also instances where players are getting NIL instead of scholarship. It doesn’t always close the gap, sometimes it just replaces scholarship money.