Skip to main content

Reply to "NCAA Recruiting Update"

@Wechson posted:

I was under the impressions D3 was under same dead period restrictions as D1, which is why I was confused about D2.  So D3 is NOT under same restrictions as D1 then?  Meaning coaches can attend showcases, interact w/players, etc? 

I have read and re reread over the guidelines and D1 is dead period until June 30th whereas D2 is a quiet period unless they already have their letter of intent (??? So confusing) but most showcases have D1-D3 college coaches there, so if you want the most bang for your buck- showcases get moved outside that dead period.

i read on the NCAA page that some D2 and D3 may still have their camps and clinics. But the rules are just so sticky and they bounce around and it varies from state to state and all restrictions must be followed- we are from Kentucky, so the KHSAA has specific guidelines too and my son’s HS coach has been sending out those as well- ie: you can play in Ohio as long as it’s not at a HS or the use of HS equipment....if this was to happen then you could become ineligible for the upcoming season... too many ifs, ands and buts- we don’t want to take any chances, yet my son wants to play. Our summer ball team is run by a  different HS coach (We mostly just play in KY) but occasionally play against some Ohio teams. So he wants to make sure we follow all KHSAA guidelines too but that also limits what scouts may come and watch games. 🤷‍♀️