Skip to main content

Reply to "NCAA to grant an additional year of eligibility"

I think you will see more guys try to draft out of high school now than deal with this mess and the extra competition and reduced playing opportunity and time. If that is the case or happens. 

Why a blanket extra year for all 4 classes?

It isn’t like the MLB isn’t going to draft this year. I think the seniors came back for a reason. The didn't draft or didn't like their slot.  They shouldn’t need another year. Juniors hoping to draft this year still have a chance to draft this or go back and draft after their senior. Sophomores, aren't affected. Freshman, aren't affected. Red Shirt Seniors, definitely not affected.

Yes, losing the remaining of the season sucks, BUT everyone got the benefit of fall ball and prep and spring season prep. Weight room, nutrition, pitching/batting coach.... 

How many team roster spots have seniors on them? Typically not many. And they typically finish school/baseball and try to draft and/or more likely finish up and get a job. You’re going to create a 4 year problem for the small number of seniors who also had an opportunity to draft last year but chose not to. There are still or would be MLB workouts, etc.....   

I don’t get it.... help me understand this a bit better?