Skip to main content

Reply to "NCAA to grant an additional year of eligibility"

For any who might be interested, we're trying to keep our clients and subscribers updated on new developments through our weekly email newsletter, our Informed Athlete Facebook page, and our Twitter account, @InformedAthlete.  

NCAA Division II has already given clear guidance to their member schools that any spring sport athlete who had their season cancelled due to COVID-19 can have another season of eligibility.  (I've been shown a copy of what Division II sent out to each school.)

I haven't seen guidance from NCAA Division III yet that is as clear and detailed as Division II.

And, Division I has not finalized their guidance on this issue yet.  They're still seeking input from the D1 conferences across the country, or least they were as of yesterday morning.

Finally, I was a guest on a podcast this week in which I and host Geoff Rottmayer talked about the impact of this situation on college athletes - not just in baseball but for all spring sports - at the two and four-year level, as well as on high school recruits.  You can find the podcast here: https://baseballawakening.podbean.com/