Skip to main content

Reply to "NCAA to grant an additional year of eligibility"

adbono posted:
d-mac posted:
phillyinNJ posted:

son just received the official email from his AD concerning the season cancellation at his JUCO...he will retain his soph status, but now season ending will only make it that much more difficult in the recruiting process...looks like recruiting will be turned to a virtual event as well.

How does that work with JUCO's?  I assume all Sophomore's have to transfer out due to being done with their hours but get an extra year at the next level? 

JuCo sophs will have the option to come back for a 3rd year if they choose to. At my sons school a couple are considering doing that b/c they are coming off injuries, are just now healthy, and don’t yet have a four year school to go to. Obviously there are academic challenges that go along with spending 3 years at a JuCo and I wouldn’t recommend that anyone do that under normal circumstances. 

My son is looking elsewhere...he retained his soph eligibility and graduates with his AS in may, so as long as he can find a place to play and fits academically, he will be moving to a four year this fall.