Skip to main content

Reply to "NCAA to grant an additional year of eligibility"

TPM posted:
RoadRunner posted:

I screen shotted an excerpt from the 3/20/20 information posted on the NCAA website. Based on what this says, I feel like NCAA  is gonna defer the tough decisions to individual schools (maybe conferences). I am remaining hopeful that the NCAA will allow SA, no matter what age/year the opportunity to compete for a roster spot. The best players have earned that right. The incoming freshman that would have been drafted in other 6th round will compete for a spot against a junior that might have been drafted in late rounds. Sucks for everyone. But what would suck worse, is not even getting a chance to compete. 
A239EF68-9278-4BA5-89E0-A5BBDA7E8CC7

Yeah, sure, NCAA makes decision to give everyone another year of eligibility, then coaches have to come in and clean up the mess.  

I heard it could go either way, I hope they vote not to give anyone another year of eligibility, because it just creates a very, very difficult situation and a lot of folks are gonna be pissed off at  the coaches. 

I believe in college over the draft, for most freshman, but if your son really wants to play professional ball and a team offers an opportunity, take it, make them pay for school or remainder. Because the opportunity may not ever come up again. Same for juniors, if you really want to go pro, money shouldn't be your priority. 

JMO

It's a business with human supply chain (Indentured). 

Coaches understand people are always pissed off, will make the appropriate decisions for the team and their own survival.

They will cut some players and redshirt many or players will transfer.