Skip to main content

Reply to "NCAA Update..POLK concedes"

MidloDad and BobbleheadDoll - I am comletely lost on the points you are tying to make? Some random thoughts and not trying to be argumentitive....

Other sports have the no transfer rule - are you suggesting those sports are rampant with coaches who are liers? The no transfer rule causes lying?

If coaches were unethical before, then I would think they will continue to be so imho. Arizona State is used as an example. If it is as you suggest, then they were acting a certain way under the old rules. Why are the new rules going to make that (living up to their promises) any worse? Under the old system, couldn't a coach tell a plyer he was next in line yet continue to recruit players who were better?

Put another way, maybe it is the recruits that need to say they won't put up with it. If a coach has a reputation, then maybe that program should be avoided as was the case before. The problem is that does not seem to have hurt their recruting if what has been said is true. You can say these innocent recruits need protection from unscrupulous coaches. Apparently, if you do your homework as you did with ASU, you can find out who will honor their committments and who will not. BTW, I have no idea if ASU has done anything unethical.

It is incorrect to say the only option is to sit btw. Baseball still has a transfer option without sitting and that includes NAIA, JUCO or other divisions I believe. The Indians first round draft choice was from an NAIA school and had transferred from Fresno State.