Skip to main content

Reply to "Need assessment of recruiting video"

Originally Posted by Buckeye 2015:

First...as others have said...baseball pants and cleats are a must.  I would take out the video of him hitting in the cage and replace it with him hitting on the field.....with video from the side instead of in back.  Take away all the shots of him fielding in front of the backstop....those showed nothing that would help a coach judge his abilities.    I would reshoot the IF shots....with the camera being much, much closer to him.  Also, same thing with OF....zoom in...and also give him some ground balls that he can charge hard and come up throwing.   The last thing...on the IF throws he has to throw like it's a "game situation"...meaning throw hard and follow thru as you would in a game.  Good luck....my son's video got him quite a few follow ups. 

Yeah, my biggest consideration was to show the foot speed and range, so that's why I was trying to shoot with a wide angle, but I will redo it.

What I don't like about the videos from the established outfits is that they seem to only emphasize arm, versus I think that range, footwork, and glove are what I need to highlight with my kid. 

It seems like you need a whole crew of people to get maximum quality--one to shoot, one to take the throw, and one to hit.