Skip to main content

Reply to "Need assessment of recruiting video"

Coaches aren't going to come find the player unless he's a behemoth on the mound or at the plate.  Find out which coaches will be going to which showcases where through the first week of November.  AZ Fall Classic was mentioned, then HF the first week of November....

He's out of position timing wise to go to the colleges mentioned, unless, there's fall out with a previous recruit and they like your son they noticed at AZ Fall Classic or HF.

Another option, some kids are late bloomers, even smart ones, and some are simply late to the recruiting "party".  I learned with my oldest, and I'm learning more with my 2018.  If playing baseball is paramount and AZ Classic or HF don't yield any opportunities, a post grad year or JUCO could be leveraged into a transfer to a top school if the grades and ACT are there.  

Keep in mind it's about the next 40 years vs playing ball for whomever next year.  A one year sabbatical (post grad) could be perfect for your son.  AND, when you reach 40, plenty of people are 35 or 45 that work with you, what's one year.  Sitting out a year could benefit him in plenty of ways: a great positioning opportunity.

By the way, nice athletic swing... first few swings he's finishing off balance for a reason - normally not enough lower half working to put him in a strong balanced position to deliver the bat.  Hips need to fire prior to hands which will provide proper sequencing and balance.  Very minor tweaking.  BUT, get video off of live BP, not machine for video and show front side and backside of swings.

This link provides suggestions for recruiting video: 

http://www.frawleybaseball.com...Player-Skills-Videos

Good luck to your son.

Last edited by Gov