Skip to main content

Reply to "Need direction after major disappointment"

Hi catcher mom,...I'm passing you a box of kleenex and some baseballs to go throw at a tree outside somewhere and throw them stinkin' heck-a-HARD!( out of son's view of course )

I'm gonna say something very different than everyone else so far,..I say get as mad as you want! Heck,..I'm mad for ya. Us mom's wear our boys hearts on OUR sleeves and we see/feel all that they go through to get where they are today. When they hurt, we hurt. If anyone says baseball isnt political,... I say they are being dishonest. If two kids are of equal potential and capablity,..it has to come to a deciding factor somewhere, which usually results if someone knows of, has worked with, or played with "so & so". THATS when it gets political.
Some people go by strictly stats,..others dont,..its all part of the big baseball political game. Just depends on the team and the coaches.

Sooo, instead of condeming you for being mad,... which I'd be willing to bet translates into being hurt for your son,...I say,..blow your nose,..throw those balls hard at that stinkin' stupid tree,..and then hug your son.

Life is full of suprises,..and ya just never know what lies ahead,..I bet there are some good journies a comin',..enjoy them with your son!!
Hats off to ya!
A felow baseball mom!