Skip to main content

Reply to "Need direction after major disappointment"

Catchermom
My son was pretty much in the same boat as Tiger Paw Mom, mine was placed on a team without a tryout also, but in ca he was able to be seen pretty easy. The thing is he chose not to attend but continue with his connie mack team to the world series (which they won). My son still had a great selection of schools and went on to play at the school of his choice.Last year he transferred out and has commited to another d-1 school, in addition he was drafted this year by the White Sox so he could be there also. The message I am trying to give is, it is a great thing to attend, but not the end of the world if yours is not there. There are other quality events your player can attend and he will get great exposure. Tell him to get to the events around your parts and be ready when school starts. He just needs to be working hard and playing for himself (and his team),if he is playing to impress the scouts it is additional pressure he add's on himself. If he is good he will get noticed, tell him not to stress over the things he cannot control and concentrate on the things he can.
Good Luck
Last edited by Lclcoach