Skip to main content

Reply to "Need help in College Recruiting"

TsMax,

Thanks for posting.  There is a lot of work to be done, but I think you've got to keep the action items short, prioritized, and manageable.   Here are my initial thoughts:

1) Reach out to reputable travel teams in your area that do get exposure.  Maybe somebody left or moved somewhere and your son can get added.   Don't know unless he starts getting on the phone.

2) Work with your son to develop a list of schools he's interested in then see if they have any camps.   Reach out to the coaches to let them know you are interested.   Send them your spring/summer schedule.   Visit the school if it is possible and let the coach know you are on campus.  Rinse and repeat with the schools he's most interested in.  Because his exposure is limited with the travel team and high school team you've got to take matters into your own hands.

3) Does he have a hitting coach or somebody that he works with on a regular basis at a local baseball academy?   Is this person capable of helping or mentoring him through this process and networking for him?

4) Continue to work hard in the classroom and develop baseball skills.  Never let up "on the gas" here.

5) Focus on the ACT or SAT tests.  Get a tutor or service to help boost scores if necessary. Scoring well here may be able to open some new doors.

It is a short list.  I hope this helps.  Good luck and let us know if you have questions.