Skip to main content

Reply to "Need help in College Recruiting"

Time is short. One of the things you need to do ASAP is figure out what level of college baseball your son should be looking at. You are fortunate in that not far from your home  you can see one of the top D1 teams in the country (UCLA) play, or a mid-level D1 (CSUN) or a lower level D1 team (LMU), or a good D2 team (Cal Poly Pomona) or good D3 teams (Chapman, La Verne,  Cal Lu, etc.) entire leagues full of very good Juco programs, and even a selection of NAIA programs.  If I was you I'd take my son, along with the most knowledgeable baseball guy you know, watch some games and try to figure that out.

Don't worry about your son's HS coach and recruiting. It's not his job, and with the exception of Jucos, colleges are too busy playing games in the spring to attend HS games. Depending on what kinds of schools your son wants to target, he needs to get in front of the right coaches this summer. Whether that's at showcase events, or team camps, or travel tournaments depends a lot on his plan.