Skip to main content

Reply to "Need Help with Colleges"

Would echo the prior posts...

Have had close contact with both programs. Can't go wrong in either instance...

IMO....Both posess quality straight up coaches. Both are winning programs on a variety of levels. Both offer quality academics and are truely comitted to graduating players. Would send my son to either without any hesitation.

Random thoughts...IMO....USF is an urban environment. SM is quite rural...I am told that the SM drainage is fixed...Love both but splitting hairs, IMO SM coaches are professional, USF are family...Unsure of SM pitcher development but USF is rated as one of the best on the west coast if not the country. They get more development/growth out of their pitchers than anyone. Coach Moore the USF pitching coach is as good as anyone...Don't think it's a stretch to say that SM program was in shambles a few years ago, players leaving. School recomitted to baseball in a big way hiring an very impressive hard working young coach who simply oozes class and success...Like Cal who is just down the road SM has comitted to recruting predominatly locally and if you look at their '06 signs SM has verballed an impressive impressive NorCal talent this fall...USF had an amazing year last year and should have made the NCAA's...at this point neither have impressive diamonds...

As I said would be happy and comfortable to have my son in either program.