Skip to main content

Reply to "Need some feel good stories"

I agree with JCG and TPM.  Enjoy the time with your son while it lasts.   The next few years (MS/HS) will go by quicker than you can imagine.   One day he is just starting to play JV and the next thing you know it's his senior night.

Just to put it in perspective, you post your son is only 9 for 28 - ummmm.....that's a .321 batting average...about normal.  Considering he moved up to a higher level team that's not bad and he's no doubt playing on a 90' diamond.

My son't playing days have long since past, but I remember about the time he was 12 he struggled hitting as he went through a growth spurt.  Once things settled down, he was fine.  He went on to be a starter for his JV and Varsity teams.  His senior year they won the district championship in which he came through with a crucial hit in the bottom of the 7th.  He went on to play three years of college ball (2 JuCo and one D2).

He now lives a good days drive away so I cherish any time I can spend with him.  Even just a few minutes on the phone is a pleasure.  I recently visited with him and we took in the NASCAR race in Bristol.  It was a good father-son weekend despite the weather.

Relax and Enjoy The Ride.