Skip to main content

Reply to "Need some feel good stories"

No, my son has no idea how I am feeling.  I always present a positive front and let him know I am proud of him.  I don't know that he even knows about this website.   I spoke with his hitting coach and he said my son is doing great and is really impressed with how he can hit the ball.  He stated the same thing you all did, it will just take a little bit of time for him to adjust and if he isn't getting consistent abs, it is like coming in and trying to pinch hit, which is one of the most difficult things to do.  I really like that idea of a home run derby.  We did that with the tee a week or so ago and he put more than half of the balls over the fence.  Of course it was only a 200' fence, but still he had a lot of fun.  We do have a softball field with 225' fence so maybe I will take him there and let him swing away.

My biggest thing is I just want him to have fun.  I want to make sure he doesn't get discouraged.  I am sure he will end up doing just fine whether it is this year or next.  And when he mentions he is bummed I let him know to use this as a learning opportunity.  I would rather him struggle now and learn how to deal with it then get into hs and have to try to cope with it for the first time.  (And me too!!! this is tough, but I am smiling about it knowing he will do just fine - I am just not used to seeing him struggle.  Also, it is good to know I am not the only one I guess)