Skip to main content

Reply to "NESCAC on for spring sports. Sorta."

So basically, the only schools that are NOT playing some form of baseball are the Ivies, Swathamore, Haverford, and some of the SCIAC.  Anyone else?

Are there places where high schools are not playing at least some games? (although I recognize that a season of 7 games barely counts)

So, why is there a thread about how people have gotten robbed of baseball?

Really? You're kidding right? My HS son lost his entire Jr year, and the state preemptively cancelled post-season completion beyond a hyper-regional tourney.  He's waited his whole life to play in the State Championship with his cohorts.  In addition, the recruiting process was completely FUBARed and he was fortunate enough to land in a terrific school, but it could have easily gone the other way.  I know plenty of really talented kids who lost seasons and lost their shot at recruitment.  I'm not placing blame on this (clearly a once in a century situation), and I'm not saying many people globally haven't suffered far worse fates.  But let's not be flippant about it either, especially on a board that's clearly made up of die hards.  Our kids have absolutely had something special taken from them, and it's ok to admit it sucks.