Skip to main content

Reply to "New and improved “Transfer Portal 2023” thread…"

@nycdad posted:

Exit meeting went well according to my son. No surprises. For next year they told him they expect him to be a weekend starter or used several times a week out of the pen…

Of course things can change, but for now he’s off to summer ball in mid June and is training remotely with Tread.

Didn't want to start a new thread... My 2020 who I posted about last summer that was in the transfer portal did not have the season he had hoped for after transferring...which is putting it nicely. Had a great fall, and right before season started strained his lat, but was back by second road trip. Made season debut, and struck out 2 in a mop up role against GT.

Went downhill after that, lost his command and seemed  got the yips. Pitched a total of 2.1 innings. Was really down for a while, loves the game (wants to coach when done), but frustrated not getting the results. This wasn't a case of playing at the wrong level, he couldn't get a 13U Legion team out with his command, let alone players at any level in college. Just to be clear I don't think this had anything to do with his lat injury (neither does he).

At the end of season meeting the coaches basically told him to enjoy his summer in summer ball and they'd see him in the fall. A bit surprising. Not a high level D1, but one that made it to a regional last year.

During the exit meeting they did tell him they want him to spend more time with the younger players next year, going over pitching, and the game, etc.

Not sure what to make of the situation, but was very surprised and glad he'll get to finish out at his current school.