Skip to main content

Reply to "New Coach Seeking Advice"

FREDDY77, I agree that getting onto players about errors can be counter productive, I had that discussion with the coach 2 years ago who was a football coach and thought it was a good idea to harass players during a game when they made an error, I told him that all it will do is produce more errors because you put undo pressure on them in a playing environment.

Yes, our field is actually very good and could be great with some work and investment.  We have a new facilities director for the school system (also a friend of mine) and he and the AD are discussing paying an athletic field management company to come in and do all the sod cutting and get the field where it needs to be now that we have people who understand maintaining the athletic fields.  I promised him that if they did it I would insure that the team would be taught how to manage and maintain it as well as help his crew understand what little things need to be done in the off-season to keep it up. 

I have little options when it comes to team parents because most of these kids come from an environment where they're parents don't even come to Senior Night.  However, I do know at least 4-5 of their parents that are willing to help, they just need to be asked.