Skip to main content

Reply to "New Coaching Staff"

But do ya'll think he has not evaluated the players.  You can't go back and watch a Colorado game over the past few years and think, those are some great players who could be good.  You look at them and say how did they get to a P5.  So when you know you are bringing in 4 and 5 star players, it is easy to say some of you need to leave because this is who I'm bringing in.  I love the honesty, not just talking Deion but any coach who does this.  Tell the players where they stand before they burn eligibility or waste time at the school.  Just say.  I don't see you fitting in.  I'm also okay with it if you recruited them and offered them a scholarship but things changed.  I want a coach to tell my kid that you don't fit in our plans anymore.  Let me help you find somewhere rather than you coming here and wasting your time.  Some of you think a player can change a coach's mind if they are given a chance but that rarely(.01%) happens.  Why would you not want the coach to be honest?  I know some will say it is not fair.  Sorry but life is not fair.  An employer finds someone who is better at doing your job or will take less money, you are gone.

I have read on here for the past few years that this coach and that coach told a kid the summer before they were supposed their freshman year that they no longer needed them.  Ya'll destroy these coaches but you also destroy them if they wait until after fall of the freshman year.  So, if they are going to get destroyed why not do it before they burn some kids fall semester.  I just do not have a problem with a coach taking a player, another freshman, a transfer, a grad guy or whatever that helps his team win.  I would rather the HC be honest with the player than not tell him and then cut him.  Give him a chance to go somewhere else and compete.  I have said for years if you do not have a plan B you are doing yourself a disservice and that plan B better always be in your back pocket.  Before you get there until you leave.

Deion said some of ya'll better move on to plan B because you are not our plan A.  The only way you take a 1-11 team to winning the conference is to get rid of coaches and players.  Easier to do it quickly than drag it out.

On the other note.  He did what he said he would do at JSU.  He promoted the HBCU.  Gameday was at JSU this year.  Has that ever happened?