Skip to main content

Reply to "New England Reclass Rate"

Reclassification is not a new phenomena, just something that is a result of unforeseen events and actions taken by organizations to provide somewhat fair solutions.

Note, what we define as fair depends on the stakeholder that is being impacted.

Note, the annual High School state participation numbers for baseball are 550k, if we assume an annual attrition of 20% graduates, then the simple estimate is 110k pool of available HS players.

You can use the CBI State Participation Insights to look specifically at your state to understand where players normally go.

Understand there have been changes post covid, you can get a feel of the trends.

Note, we've upload 2021 Fall Rosters (will show as 2022) for you to see how things are playing out

There are some other insights College Baseball Overview Insights that can assist you with your family's college recruiting journey.

Note, this is not the end all be all, but it will provide a perspective of how schools are doing the roster management.

I undertand that reclassing is not a new thing. My point was that I believe that a significantly larger portion of the player population was already kindergarten redshirted and therefore I don't see those players being able to reclass in high school or after 8th grade. Malcolm Galdwell's Outliers book came out shortly after and before the generation of players that I am talking about were born. I remember seeing a segment about it on 60 minutes. Sure there always was and always will be those manipulative and conniving parents who want to negotiate their kids odds, but I believe that the popularity of that book spread to more parents who otherwise may not have previously even considered the kindergarten redshirt. The kids reclassing now were already in kindergarten by the time Outliers was wildly popular.