Skip to main content

Reply to "New hire at Georgetown"

@PitchingFan posted:

He is a good recruiter.  Recruited sons.  But how do you get promoted with a losing record as your only head coaching position and the guys who wrote about him saying success follows him wherever he goes when he has not had success in the win-loss records.  I know it is about more than baseball but I would not call a losing record success. 

Does a coach have to have more wins than loses to be a winning coach?  In reading his bio, seems that he has accomplished quite a bit, he is only 40 years old. 

I consider a successful coach someone who accomplishes much more than just winning more games than losing.  Seems like he is much respected, as from the comments made here plus the coaches. And it does seem that he was turning around the program at EKU.

Erik Bakich had a losing record of 70-98 , conference 20-70 at Maryland, but he did manage to get himself a Big10 head coaching job with a current record of 267-169, conference 101-64.  He has been successful in every program he has been involved in.

I have no issue with Thomson reevaluating the 2021 recruits and current players.  I am sure that the AD was involved in his decision.

JMO

Last edited by TPM