Skip to main content

Reply to "New hire at Georgetown"

@Twoboys posted:

What happened to Pete Wilk?  He was there for about 20 years and never did very much, and many of his players disliked him.  We were at a 2 day Ivy camp, where the coach assured everyone there we would get all the games in (I think it was bad weather maybe initially).  Anyway, one thing I remember about that camp (there were a few other funny anecdotal incidents too) is that Wilk drove a Jeep Wrangler and he brought his golf clubs out by the other coaches when they decided to end the camp like 2 hours early on the second day despite promising they would get in all the games.  Wilk and his golf clubs told us all we needed to know about what they cared most about at that point.

We also have numerous friends who played there, so have a lot of other stories.  

I was never impressed, and I hope Coach Thompson can make the program relevant.  

Those kids got a top flight education. If they did well they had the option to pick their grad school. No one goes to Georgetown because they’re a pro prospect.

Last edited by RJM