Skip to main content

Reply to "New PG rankings"

There was a kid my son played with in Travel Ball.  They both played the same position and were fairly even in talent, by most accounts, and it was always a tough decision by the Travel Coaches as to who would end up on the A Team and who would end up on the B Team.

That kid’s Dad was convinced his son was a D1 talent.  I was convinced that I grew up as a Basketball player, could teach anyone about step back 3 mechanics and crossover dribbles, but that the powers that be in college Baseball could determine my son’s abilities all by themselves.  I asked a lot of questions here and put two and two together pretty easily.

The other kid attended, literally, 15 PBR’s over the years, and several PG events, and traveled all over for various extra events.  His Dad must’ve spent $7000 on showcases alone.  My son attended Zero PBR’s and PG events, because the feedback we got from college coaches was that he was a “good solid D3 guy/borderline D2 guy/maybe think about JUCO”.

PBR ranked the other kid WAY higher than my son.  Guess how much my kid gave a care about that?!

Both kids ended up at the exact same level of D3’s here in the midwest.

Last edited by 3and2Fastball