Skip to main content

Reply to "New team name nominees for the Cleveland baseball club and the Washington, D.C. NFL team"

We have a late name nominee for the Redskins out of DC....the Possums.   Why the Possums you ask?  They play dead at home (see picture below) and get killed on the road.    Thank you, thank you very much.   I'll be here all week, and please tip your waiters and waitresses.  

Possum in yard - Austin

Seriously, this is a big deal in DC.   Dan Snyder had dug his heels on this topic since he bought the franchise 19 years ago.  They wanted him to change the name when he bought it.  He is being strong armed by business sponsors, govt, the NFL and others.   They are going to change the name without a doubt.  Snyder might be a meddling fool (his mentor is in Dallas) but he is not an idiot.   Full disclosure - the Redskins are the NFC team I follow, and I've gone to a many games over the years.     Redskins fans are excited because we have new organization and Head Coach.  Changing the name at this time makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons.

JMO.

Last edited by fenwaysouth