Skip to main content

Reply to "New Thread Suggestion...Minors..."

quote:
Originally posted by itsinthegame:
FO,

I think what is most interesting about D is that about 9 months ago he had complete Tommy John surgery - with removal of bone spurs - and displacement of his ulnar nerve. On October 15th- he came home and his right arm looked like something out of a horror movie.

He also was an infielder his entire life - who then was told to play CF in his 2nd year of pro ball.

And he just doesnt seem to let it effect him. He just keeps doing whatever it is he can.

He is something like 2 for his last 25 - maybe the worst slump of his life. He calls home - and says "I am feeling good - seeing the ball well and hitting it hard - thats the best I can do - they just keep catching it".

And that is where it ends - no long discussions - no whining - nothing.

He just keeps playing - and running and throwing - every day - its almost like he is oblivious to everything that happens and all the things - good and bad - that people say about him.

I admire him - and I am proud of his iron will. More than anything else - I am so proud of his iron will.

Thanks for spotting this article and as always being in his corner.

its - great post and story about the type of mental toughness and focus it takes to play pro ball. All the best to Darin and the other "wild dogs" out there Smile

Here is another article I saw this week on Matt Miller. If you look at his numbers and production in the minor leagues, you scratch your head and say why isn't he in the bigs? He doesn't let any of that bother him. He only focuses on those things he can control:

Minor League veteran awaits Miller time
Last edited by ClevelandDad