Skip to main content

Reply to "New Thread Suggestion...Minors..."

My son's season ended last night on a fine note for him and a "figurative" heart attack for his parents Big Grin

He came into the game needing two hits in his last four plate appearances to hit .300 for the season. There are only about five or six .300 hitters in Tampa's entire minor league organization and only about ten in the NY-Penn League this year. His first at bat was a single and my wife and I high-fived and yelled and...

Next time up a pop-up Frown

Next time up a strike out cry

Last time up.... I am thinking of all the things that could go wrong, a walk, a sac bunt, a hit batter, another strike out, a defensive gem...

Quickly goes down in the count - one ball and two strikes... fouls a couple off... my wife calls 911 as I am in need of life support (j/k)... the announcers are talking about innane things with some fans and barely calling the action... all of a sudden we hear a crack of the bat and there was a "long" pause from the chatter - base hit to left field

We are thankful and indeed humbled by the experience. I'll never forget the joy in my son's voice when he called home last night. Baseball is the greatest game...

He is on his way home as I write this and should make it to our labor day picnic later this afternoon where my entire family is anxious to see him. Wishing everyone out there a fine holiday this year Smile