Skip to main content

Reply to "New to site"

@adbono posted:

I have a suggestion for you. When you see a post that you like check out the bio of the person that posted it. You may be surprised at the amount of experience that some people on this board have. I think it sometimes takes a while for new people on this board to realize that there are truly some incredible people that post on HSBBW - and they are happy to share their experiences with you.

I joined fourteen years ago. I had already been through softball recruiting with my daughter. It was a blind faith experience clinging to a high school teammate’s dad with older girls and a former Big Ten player travel head coach for direction.

I played.the game. I figured all I was going to get from this site was “where” in terms of exposure. I was floored by the depth of knowledge and experience. Talk about not knowing what you don’t know!

Some of the advice is very good for anyone in any circumstance. If Coach May hadn’t been a baseball coach he could have been a pastor. Maybe baseball is all about learning life’s lessons.

Last edited by RJM