Skip to main content

Reply to "New to site"

@PitchingFan posted:

I agree old_school.  Being in my second time with college baseball, the parents either leave with their kid or they are pretty to greatly supportive of each other, especially the higher the level of ball.  I think by then most of them realize that it is not a coach holding their son back or politics but the player just not taking advantage of the opportunities given.  Would they want more opportunities?  Absolutely.  But I think they realize that playing time comes with opportunities and they admire the players who succeed even when their son is not.  The parents become a small family in the stands as their sons do in the dugout.  We check up on each other, build relationships, talk about life, the guys and their girlfriends.  I don't hear a lot of grumbling about the coaches in the stands from parents.  We, as dads, may still question a few I would have done moments but that is just baseball talk to me.  I'm sitting 100 feet away and my job does not depend on a bunch of 18-23 year olds hitting, pitching, or catching a ball so we can speculate all day long.

Well said