Skip to main content

Reply to "New transfer ruling"

They are ruling the transfer or lack of the same, whether batted or thrown.

You are no more lost than the rest of us, this is not how the play has been called in my lifetime except the last 19 days.

I believe the players will adjust faster than managers, umpires (at the ML level) on the field, the announcers, and for sure quicker than us mere fans. 

The announcer in the M's Marlins game last night was very confident the out call would stand, as this ball wasn't dropped on the transfer, merely bobbled.  

I felt the same after the overturns I'd seen thus far, those were all clearly dropped on the transfer, but this one, like I said, a bobble, it was not a close play, blue was right on top of it, stuck with it as he saw the bobble, waited until the ball was corralled, then nodded his head yes and called the out... so he thought it through, took his time and was sure the ball was not dropped on the transfer, made his call adamantly and still got it wrong in the eyes of the reviewers,

Who are the reviewers, are they umpires, english majors, lawyers?  They've doubtfully ever twisted a DP with a 240lber barreling in on em.