Skip to main content

Reply to ""New Wave""

quote:
Originally posted by Rock-N-Fire:
quote:
Who has done the most with the smallest of budgets.

Hey zombywoof, I didn't know it was so hard for you to figure out Bullwinkle's post. I'll put it in bold for you. WHO HAS DONE THE MOST WITH THE SMALLEST OF MARKETS.
I'm sure if the Rays could spend anywhere from $200 MILLION to A HALF OF A BILLION payroll we would be winning pennants on the regular too.

Let's stick with the subject at hand, O.K.

BTW, how did it feel last year when a team with a $45 million payroll beat the Red Sux and the Yankmee's?
Many teams are capable of catching lightning in a bottle once. Last year is the only winning season in the Rays history. They're back below .500 again this year. Last year the Red Sox and Yankees had a lot of injuries. It opened the door for the Rays while they were playing well. Look back over the past five or ten years. The Red Sox and Yankees have positive track records. The Rays have one season.

Add in the Rays don't have many fans (don't let the post season, jump on the band wagon party fool you), and a weak tv and radio contract, I don't see how they can maintain their roster. There's a lot of talent they won't be able to financially afford to keep.